Ever heard of powdered peanut butter? Juliana Mare has a delicious new, healthy pancake recipe with an ingredient you’ll no doubt by dying to get your hands on!
It was a happy, happy day when I discovered PB2 and I’ve been experimenting lately with a number of different ways to cook and bake with it. For anyone unfamiliar with this unbelievably amazing ingredients, it’s powdered peanut butter with a third of the fat and calorie content of regular peanut butter.
You can add it to smoothies, bake with it or mix it with water to create actual peanut butter. Basically, it’s your new best friend, in a jar.
Today’s PB2 recipe; Chocolate & Peanut Butter Buckwheat Pancakes with raspberries!
- 1 serve Orgran Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1TBS PB2
- 1tsp Cadbury Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1TBS Tamar Valley No Fat Natural Yogurt
- Milk (or water) as per pancake instructions. Subtract 50mL to accommodate for the yogurt.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly.
- Cook pancakes in a non-stick frying pan and serve raspberries on top.
PB2 is delicious and definitely has health perks however I find the flavour to be nowhere near as concentrated as regular peanut butter. So if you’re a PB enthusiast like myself, you might want to add a bit extra, to get a stronger peanut flavour.
Thanks to Orgran, these pancakes are gluten, wheat, egg and dairy free, vegan friendly, kosher, have no added sugar and buckwheat is a naturally high source of protein.
Healthy pancakes are the best way to start the day and chocolate and peanut butter is a delicious, classic combination that you can’t go wrong with!