There’s nothing more exciting than transforming an ordinary food into something extraordinary. Creating a meal that is outside of the conventional cooking box is exciting to prepare and so much fun to experiment with.
When I came across Blue Diamond’s Wasabi & Soy Almonds, I knew they were too good to just eat straight from the tub. So I crushed them in a pestle and mortar and used them to crumb flathead fillets. The result was a deliciously crusty piece of soft, flaky fish, with a welcome kick of wasabi spice.
Pair with a simple rocket and cherry tomato salad for a quick, tasty and nutritious meal. Not only are you getting a great dose of nutrients and vitamins from the fish, but combined with the almonds, this is a wonderfully protein rich meal.
- 150g flathead fillet
- 30g Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Almonds
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crush almonds in pestle and mortar. Place mixture on flat tray.
- Pour milk into bowl and add salt and pepper. Be cautious of the pepper because the wasabi flavour comes through in the crust mix.
- Dip flathead fillet into milk mixture to coat, then roll in almond mixture. Press firmly so the whole fillet is coated, then transfer to tray lined with baking paper.
- Grill in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, turning half way.
For more health conscious and nutritious recipes, follow @juliimare on Instagram or follow peaches-pushups.tumblr.com