Sometimes, I lose the battle between eating chocolate and knowing I shouldn’t eat chocolate. I think this is a common struggle for a lot of people, which is why Easter and the week leading up to the day, can be really tough, with aisles of Lindt bunnies lining the supermarket walls and commercials for hot cross buns plastered all over TV.
I am incredibly excited to announce the launch of Cheeky Chocolate Week on my blog where over the next seven days, I will be posting delicious dessert and chocolate recipes that have been lightened up with healthier ingredients, for a much healthier and (somewhat) nutritious choice for all the sweet tooth’s out there!
On the first day of Cheeky Chocolate Week, I had Chocolate Hazelnut & Mint Pancakes with a sneaky drizzle of Nutella sauce and strawberries!
The Buckwheat Pancakes are an amazing concoction by Orgran that are gluten, wheat and yeast free!
- 100g dry Orgran Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 80ml cold water
- 30ml + 1tsp Unsweetened Almond Milk (I used Almond Breeze)
- 1 Chocolate Mint Expressi Pod
- 1 TBS Nutella
- Mix all ingredients except the Nutella in a bowl.
- Pour a spoonful of pancake mixture into a hot frying pan. This will make pancakes approximately 7cm in diameter.
- For the Nutella sauce, heat Nutella in the microwave, add almond milk to thin the consistency.
- Stack pancakes and drizzle sauce on top!
Be the first to see the upcoming Cheeky Chocolate Week recipes by following @juliimare on Instagram and www.peaches-pushups.tumblr.com!