Despite the youngest member of my family being 13, I still wanted to make these adorable little speckled egg muffins for Easter!
This was a really exciting recipe to make because while the original recipe was actually very high calorie and unhealthy, with some simply ingredient substitutions and by changing the portion size, I’ve been able to create a dessert that isn’t unnecessarily bad for you!
- 1 box Coles brand White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins
- 1 egg
- 60g coconut oil
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 100g chocolate, to melt
- 2TBS light thickened cream
- 1 packet M&M Speckled Eggs
- Make white chocolate muffins as directed on the box, leaving out the addition of the raspberry sauce, which we don’t want for this recipe.
- Substitute the regular milk for almond milk
- Substitute coconut oil instead of butter
- Pour mixture into mini muffin tins (approximately 16) and bake
- Melt the chocolate then add the cream. Whisk thoroughly and once the mixture is combined, pour into a piping bag with a star shaped nozzle.
- Once the muffins are cool, pipe a circle of your chocolate icing mixture on the top and place 3 speckled eggs.
Be the first to see the upcoming Cheeky Chocolate Week recipes by following @juliimare on Instagram and www.peaches-pushups.tumblr.com!