Mushrooms are one of those ingredients that can really divide people.
I’ve never met a person who was indifferent to having mushrooms in their food – it’s a love/hate relationship and I sit firmly on the love side.
The diced mushrooms in this recipe are quite big so the flavour really comes through, which is important because the Gluten Free flour can be bland. Paired with a little light, tasty cheese, these muffins come in at only 134 calories and make for a filling afternoon snack.
- 300g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 50g Light Tasty Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100g (approximately 10 Button) Mushrooms, diced
- 170g Ham, diced
- 1C Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Dice mushrooms and cook in a frying pan sprayed with olive oil. Add diced ham once the mushrooms are cooked. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Mix flour, baking powder and cheese in a large bowl. Add Almond Milk and whisked eggs. Add cooked mushroom and ham mixture. Fold into the batter then divide into muffin tins, filling approximately ¾ full.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes.